Skip to content
Entertainment & Lifestyle
- Why 2021 May Be the Year When Your Work Finds Meaning, Medium (with Saqib Sheikh), 28 December 2020.
- Searching for authenticity in the hyper-reality of Crazy Rich Asians, Today (Singapore), 17 September 2018.
- Goodbye, Algerian Rose: Some Reflections on Warda, Ahlan – ANU Arabic Society Newsletter, No. 9, 2012.
- Two Decades of Junoon, Sunday Plus (Pakistan), 2 October 2011.
Environment & Politics
- Truth, trust and transparency: The bitter pill in fighting COVID-19, Salaam Gateway, 4 March 2020.
- In calling for action on climate crisis, it is not enough to say ‘listen to the science’, Today (Singapore), 25 November 2019.
- Refusing a Culture of Convenient Consumption, The Karyawan, July 2019.
- Environmental Awareness: Alternative Strategies Beyond Symbolism, RSIS Commentaries, 9 May 2019.
- Truth, Trust, and Transparency: The Case of WWF’s Ivory Lane, The Business Times, 16 August 2018.
- Fighting Climate change from Singapore, IAPS Dialogue, University of Nottingham, 8 December 2017.
- Nuclear Energy in Southeast Asia: Public Engagement Before Policies, RSIS Commentaries, 23 April 2014
- Floods and Regional Disaster Preparedness: Too Little, Too Late?, RSIS Commentaries, No. 150/2011, 17 October 2011
- Japan in Disaster: Managing Energy Vulnerabilities, RSIS Commentaries, No.41/2011, 15 March 2011
- Mudflow Management: Lessons for Southeast Asia, No. 170/2010, 13 December 2010
- COP16: Can Cancun Salvage Copenhagen?, RSIS Commentaries, No.156/2010, 24 November 2010
- Triple Trouble in Indonesia: Strengthening Jakarta’s Disaster Preparedness, RSIS Commentaries, No. 138/2020, 1 November 2010
- Up in Smoke; Peatland Fires in Russia and Indonesia, RSIS Commentaries No. 95/2010, 19 August 2010
- Typhoon Kestana: Asia’s Katrina, Mely Caballero-Anthony, Irene A. Kuntjoro & Sofiah Jamil, RSIS Commentaries, 2 October 2009
- Muslims and their Environment: Advocating a Green Deen, Visions 2009 – an annual publication by the National University of Singapore’s Muslim Society
- “Post-Kyoto Protocol: Changing A Climate of Denial?”, (8 April 2009) Sofiah Jamil, RSIS Commentaries No. 36
- “Managing Food Fights from Food Rights in ASEAN“, Mely Caballero-Anthony, Sofiah Jamil & Irene Kuntjoro, RSIS Commentaries, 53, 28 April 2008.
- “The Rush for Nuclear Energy in Southeast Asia: Promises and Pitfalls“, Mely Caballero-Anthony & Sofiah Jamil, RSIS Commentaries, 23 July 2007
- “Singapore Can Play a Unique Role in the Muslim World”, Sofiah Jamil, The Straits Times, 9 June 2007
- “OIC’s Journey to Enlightenment”, Sofiah Jamil, RSIS Commentaries, 7 June 2007
- “Climate Change and the Muslim World: The OIC Could Do With Captain Planet“, Sofiah Jamil RSIS Commentaries, 14 Feb 2007
- “Clearing up ASEAN’s Hazy Relations“, Sofiah Jamil, IDSS Commentary, 25 Oct 2006 – Also published in The Straits Times, 28th Oct 2006, Pg. S10