The World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) invites applications for its 2014 WIEF Young Fellows programme from 18-24 June in Manila.
Who can apply?
- Fresh graduates, young entrepreneurs, civil society leaders, community workers, researchers, junior professionals, artists, creative change makers who are between the ages of 20 and 30, and have a seed of an idea that they want to develop into a full-grown project.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate how this Programme will directly benefit them, their community and their country.
- Proficiency in English is required. If you are accepted you will be required to participate fully in the discussions and role-plays in English.
How to apply?
- Applying is a 2-step process. First, you need to send these details to Said Hamadi at email@example.com.
- completed application form
- your CV
- letter of recommendation
- passport-sized photo
- Second, if you are selected as a candidate, you are liable to pay a registration fee of USD100 to secure your placement.
Key points to note
- WIEF Young Fellows 2014 is a subsidized programme for accepted candidates. Participants need to pay only the registration fee and their own return flights. Accommodation and transportation during the programme period, programme materials and basic everyday meals are covered by the organizer.
- Closing Date of Application: 9 May 2014
- Confirmation deadline. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of selection latest on 16 May (earlier applicants will be notified earlier.)
- Proof of participation. If you are selected, you will be given a 2-week deadline to send us proof of your participation, by submitting your confirmed flight itinerary and paying your registration fee. Participants seeking financial support from their own organization and/or other foundations, crowdfunding, or sponsors, need to do so by the given deadline. If you pass this deadline, the organiser will transfer this opportunity to another candidate.
- Commitment. As an annual programme, we only have spaces for 30 young leaders every year. It is a privilege if you are selected for this programme as you are chosen amongst hundreds of applicants. We expect you to take this opportunity to commit fully to the programme.
- Cancellations. Please think before you register. Make sure you really can make the time to participate because last minute cancellations result in an opportunity lost to another young leader.